This community was created as a fan site for lesbian couple Callie Torres and Arizona Robbins on Grey's Anatomy. We welcome fanfiction, art, icons, wallpaper, episode discussion, spoilers, videos, and everything in between. What we expect from you is respect for our community, respect for other members, and participation in the discussions.
. why should we root for them?
This community was created as a fan site for lesbian couple Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez) and Arizona Robbins (Jessica Capshaw) on Grey’s Anatomy. We welcome fanfiction, art, icons, wallpaper, episode discusssion, spoilers, videos, and everything in between. What we expect from you is respect for our community, respect for other members and respect for those who bring Grey’s Anatomy to us each week (actors, writers and the rest of Shondaland) and participation in the community.
Grey’s Anatomy filled gay and lesbian viewers with hope when Callie Torres and Erica Hahn became a couple on the show. We were riveted, then devastated when the relationship ended in mid season-5. Callie’s story was to continue, though, with the introduction of Arizona Robbins. Arizona arrived on the scene, with her heelies, spunky smile, and quiet observation. She was a confidante to Miranda Bailey, a mentor to Alex Karev and an awesome pediatric attending. And she followed Callie into a bathroom and reassured her that “the talk is good”; before she kissed a little of Callie’s pain away.
Two seasons later, and they’ve gone through ups and downs, and highs and lows. We’ve seen and cried at fights over babies and Africa. We’ve also seen the "I Love Yous" and “I can’t live without you” - and a fair few of us cried at those scenes, too. As a community that supports the LGBT lifestyle and wants to see the barriers finally be broken, we support Grey’s Anatomy, the actors and the writers as they continue to show us Callie and Arizona’s story together. As a community, we have never lost faith that they are MFEO (Made For Each Other).
Please remember that these rules apply only to callie_arizona. If you decide to post a link to a fanfiction or discussion at your own journal, for example, this will be unmoderated.
01. No bashing/attacking of members/actors or anyone else. Abusive private messages sent to the moderators are considered attacking and therefore against the rules. For the purposes of this community, bashing is flat-out insulting or criticising with no evidence provided. Critical discussion for the purposes of understanding a storyline is not bashing.
02. If you post spoilers, please put them behind a cut and add a spoiler warning to your entry. We don't want to ruin anyone's fun. Please check out the spoiler tutorial if you're not sure whether your post includes spoilers or not. If you're still not sure - use a LJ-cut anyway! Better safe than sorry. There's a useful tutorial on creating LJ-cuts here.
03. Please keep icons, discussion and youtube clips under a cut until 10PM Eastern Standard Time the day after an episode has aired, so that we don't spoil our international members who can't watch it live. This includes icon 'teasers'. Entries which don't use a LJ-cut in this 24 hour period will be removed.
04. Please tag your entries with the existing tag system. Please visit our very helpful tagging tutorial. Embrace it. Love it. Feel free to ask a mod for help!
05. Cite the source of any material or information that you post.
06. Graphics that are larger than 400x400px go under a cut.
07. If you post a fanfiction, please put everything but the head with the information behind a cut. Your heading outside of the LJ cut must include:
Title: Rating: Summary: Disclaimer:
If you are linking to a fanfiction at your own LJ, please make sure you link to the exact post. This makes it easier to find when using the fanfiction masterlist. If you're unsure of which rating to use, don't worry! We've included a guide below.
08. Please set entries with adult content to 'Members Only'. This includes art, fanfiction and any other themes that are rated NC-17/R. This is how the MPAA defines NC-17: "NC-17 does not mean "obscene" or "pornographic" in the common or legal meaning of those terms, and should not be construed as a negative judgement in any sense. The rating simply signals that the content is appropriate only for an adult audience. An NC-17 rating can be based on violence, sex, aberrational behaviour, drug abuse or any other element that most parents would consider too strong and therefore off-limits for viewing by their children."
Ratings Guide (according to fictionratings.com): K/G: Intended for general audience 5 years or older. Content should be free of any coarse language, violence, and adult themes. K+/PG: Suitable for more mature children, 9 years and older, with minor action violence without serious injury. May contain mild coarse language. Should not contain any adult themes. T/PG-13: Suitable for teens, 13 years and older, with some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes. M/R: Not suitable for children or teens below the age of 16 with possible strong but non-explicit adult themes, references to violence, and strong coarse language. (These posts must be locked to 'members only' on callie_arizona) MA/NC-17: Content is only suitable for mature adults. May contain explicit language and adult themes. (These posts must be locked to 'members only' on callie_arizona )
09. If your fanfiction contains any of the following themes: abuse, assault, suicide, sex under the age of 18 or any other sensitive topics, you MUST: - Provide a warning above the cut, making clear the exact content of the fanfiction - Rate the fanfiction as NC-17 - Lock the entry to members only
Any fanfiction which does not abide by this rule will be deleted immediately, without warning. You may of course repost once you're confident you've followed all the rules
10. Please contact the mod-team if you know a user who was banned from other communities because of disrespectful behaviour or homophobic posts. We are in close contact with other communities in order to ban these sorts of users before they join our community, but of course it's impossible to know them all which is why we need your help and why we ask you to inform us if you come across one of them.
11. If you want to promote a community-related site or journal, you need the OK from one mod.
You may promote any site or journal so long as it is related to Arizona, Callie, Jessica, Sara or Grey's Anatomy. But please contact a mod and ask for the OK first.
12. If you post a fanvideo, please include the name of the artist and the title of the song. This way we can add it to our fanvideo masterlist (coming soon to a community near you!)
13. If you want to participate in our 24-hour live chat room here please take note of these rules:
The chat room is unmoderated and therefore NOT SPOILER FREE. Enter at your own risk!
No bashing of members, actors or anyone else
Edit your nickname (at the bottom of the chat room) to your livejournal username
Keep it clean, please! We have community members of all ages
The chat room caps at 80 people so please close the window if you're not using it! For this reason, it's locked to 'Members Only'
If you feel the chat room is being abused in any way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
That's it, folks. Thank you for your interest, Your callie_arizona Mods and Staff